We're into the second week of October, and the majority of our region has great fall foliage to enjoy. The colors remain vibrant across the Adirondacks over the next few days. Peak has occurred later this year in the higher elevations - most likely due to a sunny September and a later than usual frost for the higher elevations.
The lower elevations still have time before reaching peak. Peak color is anticipated next week for the Mohawk Valley into the weekend after Columbus Day. So far, the colors are vibrant across the majority of the region.
The weather looks excellent for fall foliage viewers over the next several days. Mostly cloudy skies are expected on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. The weather remains dry, with high temperatures in the 60s.
- Fall color approaching peak in our local area
- Peak fall color in parts of CNY
- Fall foliage 2019: This map shows where you can expect to see peak fall colors
- Fall colors arriving in CNY
- Sneak peak: 'A.P. Bio'
- Stolen colorful Christmas trees were earmarked for local families
- Local experts offer home heating tips as winter approaches
- Deadline approaching for UPD applications
- A sneak peak at Mudfest 2019
- Free shuttles starting in Adirondack High Peaks