Police say Patricia Anne and Nicholas Talerico were attempting to burglarize the home owned by Ronald Stolarczyk when he shot the pair.
But their family members say – they didn't need to die.
“On May 28th, our world was completely changed and will never be the same. We lost two wonderful people to gun violence. We are not sure why our Brother and Aunt were in Deerfield but we can say with certainty that they were not there to harm anyone. They were two amazing, caring, and loving people we truly believe they thought the house was unoccupied. They did not deserve to die!!! The police should have been called and their deaths could have been avoided. They are also victims & will deeply be missed!!”
The homeowner is due to appear in Deerfield Town Court at 6 p.m. Monday night.
- Family says two killed in Deerfield attempted burglary didn't need to die
- Santa comes to Deerfield
- Man who shot, killed two alleged attempted burglars in Deerfield is out of jail
- Coin collectors converge on Deerfield
- Two identified in Deerfield shooting
- Spectrum Office in Deerfield Moving
- Mugshots: Two killed in Deerfield shooting incident had criminal history
- State police: Homeowner arrested after killing attempted burglary suspects with illegal gun
- Car slams into utility pole in Deerfield
- Fire officials investigating Deerfield house fire