Cooperstown, N.Y. - The 2018 Baseball Hall of Fame Induction Weekend kicked off on Friday with amazement for so many people who have made their ‘trip of a lifetime’.
Jim Conway made the trip from Michigan with five buddies and says he has fallen in love with the mecca of baseball. “A lot of anticipation, excitement, it’s everything that I thought it would be and more.”
One of his pals from Michigan, Lou Goecker, says coming in to Cooperstown is like going back in time. “It’s like you’re looking at the 17th century here, the way it should be, it would be a crime to change it.”
Clay Weiderhold came from near Houston, Texas with his wife and two sons and says even the last few miles of the drive from the Albany airport to Cooperstown was great. “I got goosebumps, the hills and how green everything else is, just beautiful, absolutely beautiful, the way everybody’s got their houses decorated with the hanging baskets, just can’t get enough of it.”
The good news for these folks, the big weekend is just beginning.
- Fans' first trip to Cooperstown: “Everything I thought it would be and more”
- Cooperstown Says Goodbye to Graduates
- Proposed parking plan in Cooperstown
- Cooperstown woman celebrates 102nd birthday
- Fans pack the streets in Cooperstown for the Parade of Legends
- NEWSTALK: Reach Mission Trip
- Work on $1.2M project continues in Cooperstown
- New flag pole installed in Cooperstown
- Thrift store in Cooperstown helps shelter animals
- No ruling on Cooperstown parking plan