COLUMBUS, OHIO -- Colgate men’s basketball team takes the court Friday in the NCAA tournament.
While Alicia Daddario is still recovering from laryngitis, NewsChannel 2’s Kirk Tupaj went out to see why the NCAA tournament is the hottest game in town.
The atmosphere in Columbus, Ohio is electric. You can feel the excitement of what's about to take place in the Nationwide Arena, and that energy is starting to become apparent all along North High Street.
Bars and restaurants are buzzing with the sounds of basketball.
The NCAA tournament has basketball fans checking their brackets and downing drinks. It's not hard to get into the spirit since just about every business in town is tuning in to the big dance.
There's about 20,000 seats in the Arena, and while being courtside may be the best place to feel the energy of the game, these fans seem pretty content to the best seats in the brew house.
The Colgate Raiders take on the Tennessee Volunteers Friday at 2:45 p.m.
- Fans from all over rooting for Colgate upset in first round NCAA game
- Tennessee holds off Colgate to advance to NCAA second round
- Colgate ready to 'raid' bigger arena in NCAA tourney game
- Colgate Football Game Canceled Due to Florence
- Army snaps Colgate's 14 game win streak
- Overwhelming support from community as Colgate heads into NCAA Tournament
- Colgate fans hopeful for win against Tennessee despite underdog ranking
- Third time's a charm? Colgate's Quest for NCAA tourney win begins today
- More than 200 fans will rep maroon for Colgate Raiders in Ohio Friday
- Colgate falls 77-70 to Tennessee, but fans still beaming with pride