UTICA- The Oneida County Public Market partnered with the Boilermaker Urban Initiative to get people more motivated to be active.
Organizers with the Oneida County Public Market said this idea came as a way to get people recharged to reach their New Year's Resolution goals. It's called Farmers, Food, and Fitness.
They promoted healthy food and invited fitness instructors, doctors, and massage therapists to the market to talk to people about a healthier lifestyle.
"We just thought it was a good idea to bring everybody under one roof for a short period of time and kind of just expose the general public to what's available in the area," said Beth Irons, an organizer for the event.
Irons said their goal is to make this an annual event.
- Farmers, Food & Fitness
- Farmers, food, and fitness
- New York plan preserves food stamp use at farmers' markets
- 2018 Goal: Achieving financial fitness
- MVCC offers free fitness week classes
- New Hartford Planet Fitness begins moving process
- New Fitness Mill site approved for Utica
- NewsTalk: Food Drive
- Farmers markets in Oneida, Herkimer counties
- Local farmers happy about recent rainfall