UTICA- Last year, the Oneida County Public Market partnered with the Boilermaker Urban Initiative to get people more motivated to be active. It's called Farmers, Food, and Fitness.
They promoted healthy food and invited fitness instructors, doctors, and massage therapists to Union Station to talk to people about a healthier lifestyle.
"Working with farmers is like the best group of people that I could possibly work with." said Beth Irons, an organizer for the event. "Every week it's like a whole little mini festival. The stuff is always fresh and always delicious. We always feature what's in season," she added.
- Farmers, Food & Fitness
- Farmers, food, and fitness
- New York plan preserves food stamp use at farmers' markets
- 2018 Goal: Achieving financial fitness
- MVCC offers free fitness week classes
- NewsTalk: Food Drive
- Farmers markets in Oneida, Herkimer counties
- Local farmers happy about recent rainfall
- Cow cuddling: Paying farmers for 'sMOOches'
- Oneida County holds dairy farmer forum