REMSEN, N.Y. -- The Oneida County Sheriff's Office says they're investigating a fatal snowmobile crash in the town of Remsen. This happened around 9:45 Sunday night.
The sheriff's office says 26-year-old Benjamin Lahan, of Liverpool, was riding his snowmobile when he was ejected from it, and struck a tree on Trail C4, in Remsen. This is in the area of Old Stage Road and James Road.
He was riding with two other friends at the time when he lost control of his snowmobile while negotiating a curve in the trail. The parties that Lahan was riding with, found him a short time later after the accident and contacted 911.
Life-saving measures were taken on Lahan, but he ended up dying from his injuries.
At this point, the investigation is still ongoing.
- 26-year-old man killed in Remsen snowmobile crash
- Boonville man killed in late night snowmobile crash
- Rome man killed in Woodhull Lake snowmobile crash
- Man critically injured after Inlet snowmobile crash
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Middleville man dead in snowmobile crash
- Rome Snowmobile Patrol
- Are Snowmobiles Too Loud?
- Vintage snowmobiles and tradition
- Snowmobile Safety Tips