GUILFORD, N.Y. -- State Police in Sidney are investigating a fatal crash involving a car and a tractor-trailer in the town of Guilford.
State police say 78-year-old Patricia A. House, of Kenoza Lake, drove through an intersection, and ended up underneath the trailer portion of a tractor-trailer.
It happened at 6:17 p.m. Christmas night at the intersection of State Route 8 and County Road 35.
The passenger of the car, 73-year-old William T. Brett, was killed in the crash. House is in serious condition at Wilson Medical Center. The tractor-trailer driver was not injured.
Police say there is a stop sign at the intersection.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Fatal car, tractor-trailer crash under investigation
- Tractor Trailer Safety Drill
- Tractor-trailer crashes into Bridgewater garage
- Tractor-trailer driver ticketed in Sangerfield crash
- Dolgeville bridge reopens after tractor-trailer crash
- Tractor trailer rollover closes roadway
- 3 injured in Vernon crash involving a tractor trailer
- Tractor-trailer crash ends in fire, Thruway traffic impacted
- Tractor-trailer crash closes I-88 south of Oneonta
- Man dead following tractor-trailer crash on I-87