Lowville, N.Y. - Lewis County Sheriff's officials say a fatal fire in Lowville Friday afternoon is under investigation.
Sheriff's officials say a Lifenet medical call came into the Lewis County Dispatch around 3:30 Friday afternoon from an apartment on Hemlock Drive.
They say a Lowville police officer arrived to find heavy smoke coming from under the apartment door.
One person died in the fire, along with a dog.
The name of the deceased so far is not being released.
The fire was contained to the one apartment in the two apartment building.
- Fatal fire in Lowville under investigation
- Victims identified in fatal Lowville house fire
- Lowville house destroyed by fire
- Garage destroyed by fire in Lowville
- Lowville school district, local law enforcement investigating possible threat
- Lowville Arby's catches fire shutting down portion of Route 12
- Two bodies inside home following fire in Lowville
- UPDATE: Police identify Lowville woman killed in Lewis County crash
- Lowville man accused of sexually abusing 14-year old
- Lowville man accused of sexual contact with minor