NEW YORK (AP) - The Department of Justice says two New York men identified as members of the Proud Boys have been indicted on federal conspiracy and other charges in the Capitol riot. Friday's announcement came as prosecutors raise the stakes in some of the slew of cases stemming from the Jan. 6 insurrection. Dominic Pezzola and William Pepe were arrested earlier in the month on federal charges including illegally entering a restricted building. The Justice Department announced Friday that the two have been indicted in Washington on charges that newly include conspiracy. Pezzola's lawyer said Saturday he wasn't ready to comment. A lawyer for Pepe declined comment.
Associated Press Photo
The Department of Justice says two New York men identified as members of the Proud Boys have been indicted on federal conspiracy and other charges in the Capitol riot.
Posted: Jan 31, 2021 10:28 AM
- Federal conspiracy charges for 2 Proud Boys in Capitol riot
- Syracuse member of 'Proud Boys' charged in Capitol riot
- Syracuse man at U.S. Capitol riot charged with 2 federal misdemeanors
- Woman shot during U.S. Capitol riot dies
- Mississippi congressman suing Trump over Capitol riot
- Rome man sentenced for role in federal drug trafficking conspiracy
- Congressional candidates, governor react to U.S. Capitol riot
- Prosecutors release new security video of U.S. Capitol riot
- Pelosi: Independent commission will investigate riot at U.S. Capitol
- Senate Republicans block commission to study riot at U.S. Capitol
Scroll for more content...