Feher Rubbish Removal has closed its business, according to several media reports, employees, and officials with the Town of Cicero.
Cicero Town Supervisor Mark Venesky wrote on the town’s Facebook page that they were notified at 2 p.m. Thursday that Feher has ceased its operations.
Feher provided garbage pickup and recycling for local residences, businesses and municipalities. Their corporate offices are located in Syracuse, and they also have locations in Utica, Geneva and Watertown.
According to NBC affiliate WSTM, Feher employees in the Syracuse area say they went to work Friday and were told the business would soon be closing. One employee named Chris Taylor says that Feher wanted them to continue working until their contracts were up in June, but he said the company wasn’t sure when the employees would be paid.
There is no information on the company's website indicating that they are closed.
NEWSChannel 2 called Feher Rubbish Removal several times on Friday for more information, but we were unable to reach anybody and have not yet received a call back.
We will provide more details as they become available.
- Feher Rubbish Removal ceases operations
- Trash piling up; customers can't reach Feher Rubbish Removal
- Casa Imports looking to hire former Feher drivers
- Tea production to cease at Redco Foods, after sale to Harris Tea Company
- Village of Herkimer issues cease and desist letter for county jail
- Operation Christmas Child
- Company to remove railcars from Adirondacks
- Indians removing Chief Wahoo logo from uniforms
- Walmart removes Cosmopolitan magazine from checkout aisles
- Harden Furniture resumes operations with limited workforce