STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

Fiery surprise: E-cigarette explodes in pants

Security camera captures the moment an e-cigarette explodes in a California man's pants pocket, severely burning his leg.

Posted: Aug 28, 2018 3:35 PM

(NBC News) Security cameras captured the moment an e-cigarette exploded inside a man's pants pocket, severely burning his leg.

Mohamad Abdihdy was doing measurements on a television in the back storage room of a television warehouse when the device exploded.

Abdihdy says he felt a shock, and the next thing he knew his leg was burning.

"We turn around and all we see if smoke and something caught on fire," HDTV Outlet manager Antelmolare Guzman recalled. "The gentleman, he is running out to the front of the office, and he is screaming and yelling. Apparently, all of his right leg was completely burnt all the way down."

Asked if he'll continue to smoke e-cigarettes, Abdihdy responded, "I'm going back to hookah."

Read more: http://bit.ly/2BWBmg0

Article Comments

Utica
Few Clouds
81° wxIcon
Hi: 82° Lo: 58°
Feels Like: 82°
Oneonta
Scattered Clouds
78° wxIcon
Hi: 79° Lo: 56°
Feels Like: 80°
Herkimer
Few Clouds
81° wxIcon
Hi: 83° Lo: 57°
Feels Like: 82°
Thendara
Few Clouds
81° wxIcon
Hi: 76° Lo: 48°
Feels Like: 82°
WKTV Radar
WKTV Temperatures
WKTV Severe Weather
Click here to learn more about A Healthier Mohawk Valley
Less that 50 Golf Cards left ... only $79.99 for 28 courses
Great California Adventure with Callihan Marshall

Click for Boilermaker Results & Coverage