SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - Authorities in upstate New York say they've charged a fifth person in the double homicide at a Chili's restaurant over the weekend.
Police in the town of DeWitt say 29-year-old Jerome Pinkard, of Syracuse, was arrested Wednesday night and charged with criminal sale of a firearm. Syracuse.com reports investigators determined Pinkard sold the gun used to kill 29-year-old Kris Hicks and 37-year-old Stephen Gudknecht.
Officials say the two men were killed by 32-year-old William Wood Jr., a former employee who stole around $900 from the restaurant following the shooting early Saturday morning. Wood was captured the next day in Fulton. He's charged with first-degree murder and robbery.
Police are continuing the investigation.
It couldn't immediately be learned from DeWitt Town Court officials if Pinkard has a lawyer.
On Wednesday, DeWitt police announced that 47-year-old Ronald Green of Syracuse was charged with two counts of second-degree murder and one count of endangering the welfare of a child, because police say he was driving the getaway car and his child was in the car at the time.
Tracy Brown, 53, of Syracuse, was charged with two counts of second-degree murder after she allegedly gave Wood the gun in exchange for money from the robbery.
Ryan Brown 30, of Syracuse – Tracy Brown’s son – is charged with second-degree hindering prosecution and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, after he was allegedly in the car during the getaway and he was also found with heroin.
- Fifth person charged in double homicide at Chili's
- Prosecutor: Chili's double homicide suspect sought to kill 2 more
- 3 more people charged in connection to double homicide at Chili's
- Harried Housewife: Loaded Chili
- UPDATE: Otsego County sheriff provides more details on double homicide
- 2 Suspects Charged With Quadruple Homicide
- NY Senate OKs homicide charges in fatal overdose cases
- 3 men charged in connection to Fort Plain homicide
- Officials to double-check school safety plans
- State Police : 15 year old girl charged with manslaughter and criminally negligent homicide