UTICA- Officials with the Utica Fire Department responded to a fire on 401 South Street early Saturday morning.
Officials with the Utica Fire Department said this building has caught fire before.
Crews arrived at around 2 a.m. on Saturday to heavy smoke coming from the first floor, doorway and roof.
Officials with UFD said crews had to make a defensive attack during the fire because part of the building collapsed.
The building is vacant, so no injuries were reported.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Fire at vacant building on South Street
- Vacant brick building in Bridgewater being demolished
- Crews battle fire at vacant Dolgeville home
- Vacant house gutted by fire in Sherrill
- Vacant property catches fire in Whitesboro
- 2 vacant buildings in Utica to be demolished soon
- Ilion takes next step in developing vacant building
- Update: Overnight fire in Rome levels vacant multi-unit structure
- Overnight fire ruled suspicious on South James Street in Rome
- Rome police continue investigation into South James Street fire