MIDDLEFIELD, N.Y. – Two firefighters remain hospitalized after multiple crews responded to a garage fire in Middlefield Wednesday night.
Five fire crew members were injured after a series of explosions took place in the two-story garage, located on county Route 35 in Middlefield. All of them were taken to Bassett Hospital for treatment.
Two of the injured firefighters, Jon Roach and Scott Monington, were volunteers at the Cooperstown Fire Department, and have since been transferred to Upstate Medical Center’s specialty burn unit.
Cooperstown Fire Chief James Tallman was also taken to Bassett for treatment, but has since been released.
Middlefield firefighters John Sears and Ryan Smith were also evaluated and released from the hospital.
State fire is still investigating the cause of the fire and the explosions.
- 2 firefighters transferred to burn unit after Middlefield fire
- Firefighters injured in Middlefield fire
- Officials investigating Middlefield house fire
- Crash closes part of Route 166 in Middlefield
- Deputies release more information on Middlefield head-on crash
- Man reported missing in Middlefield has been found, deputies say
- Syracuse red-shirt freshman Moyer to transfer
- MVCC signs new transfer agreement with UAlbany
- Several brush fires amid statewide burn ban
- 2 acres burned in Plainfield brush fire