SEVERE WX : Heat Advisory View Alerts

Dryer lint buildup causes Rome house fire

The Rome Deputy Fire Chief says the cause of the fire was accidental--from a buildup of dryer lint.

Posted: Apr 18, 2019 11:09 PM
Updated: Apr 19, 2019 10:18 AM

ROME, N.Y. - Rome firefighters have determined the cause of a house fire on West Pine Street to be accidental. 

The fire started from a buildup of dryer lint, which fire officials say serves as a great reminder to families. 

Crews say the fire was contained to the basement, but there is extensive wiring and smoke damage. 

There were no injuries.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family. 

Article Comments

Utica
Overcast
76° wxIcon
Hi: 92° Lo: 73°
Feels Like: 76°
Oneonta
Clear
72° wxIcon
Hi: 90° Lo: 72°
Feels Like: 72°
Herkimer
Overcast
76° wxIcon
Hi: 93° Lo: 74°
Feels Like: 76°
Thendara
Overcast
76° wxIcon
Hi: 85° Lo: 68°
Feels Like: 76°
WKTV Radar
WKTV Temperatures
WKTV Severe Weather
Click for Boilermaker Results & Coverage
Click here to learn more about A Healthier Mohawk Valley
Less that 50 Golf Cards left ... only $79.99 for 28 courses
Great California Adventure with Callihan Marshall