Dryer lint buildup causes Rome house fire

The Rome Deputy Fire Chief says the cause of the fire was accidental--from a buildup of dryer lint.

Posted: Apr. 18, 2019 11:09 PM
Updated: Apr. 19, 2019 10:18 AM

ROME, N.Y. - Rome firefighters have determined the cause of a house fire on West Pine Street to be accidental. 

The fire started from a buildup of dryer lint, which fire officials say serves as a great reminder to families. 

Crews say the fire was contained to the basement, but there is extensive wiring and smoke damage. 

There were no injuries.

The American Red Cross is assisting the family. 

Article Comments

Utica
Clear
45° wxIcon
Hi: 60° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 43°
Oneonta
Clear
49° wxIcon
Hi: 59° Lo: 41°
Feels Like: 46°
Herkimer
Clear
45° wxIcon
Hi: 62° Lo: 42°
Feels Like: 43°
Thendara
Clear
45° wxIcon
Hi: 56° Lo: 40°
Feels Like: 43°
WKTV Radar
WKTV Temperatures
WKTV Severe Weather
Great California Adventure with Callihan Marshall
Golf Card on sale for only $79.99