POLAND - Firefighters from multiple departments responded to a report of an explosion and a fire just after 8:00 Wednesday morning.
Officials and neighbors on the scene tell NewsChannel 2 there was an explosion on the back side of a mobile home on Moody Lane. We’re told the family was able to get out of the home before it went up in flames.
A husband, wife, two children and a grandchild were left homeless as a result of the fire, which decimated much of the home down to the frame. The family is staying with neighbors, and the Red Cross has been called in to assist. No injuries have been reported.
NewsChannel 2’s crew on the scene was kept back several hundred feet while firefighters doused the smoldering remains of the structure.
Poland and Newport fire departments were on the scene.
- Fire destroys Poland mobile home
- Middleville Garage Fire Destroys Home
- Fire Destroys West Winfield Home
- Trenton home destroyed by fire
- Sheriff's Office investigating Bridgewater mobile home fire
- Mobile home catches fire in Van Hornesville
- Mobile home catches fire overnight in Annsville
- Garage Fire in Poland is under investigation
- Poland Fire Department holds annual Chinese Auction
- Early morning fire destroys Constableville home