UPDATE: Fire officials say the cause of a fire that destroyed a barn on Clemens Road in Frankfort Thursday morning was accidental.
Officials say the homeowner was burning something on the property when the fire spread to the barn.
FRANKFORT – A barn was destroyed by fire in the town of Frankfort Thursday morning.
Several fire departments were called to a farm on Clemons Road just before 8:00 a.m. When firefighters arrived they found a barn, set back about 200 yards from the road, engulfed in flames.
NEWSChannel 2’s reporter on the scene says the barn has been completely destroyed, but was empty and abandoned at the time of the fire. Firefighters had to battle gusty winds while attempting to put out the fire, and the smoke from it could be seen from miles around.
NewsChannel 2 has calls out for more information on this fire. No word on any potential injuries or a cause at this time.
- UPDATE: Barn fire in Frankfort deemed accidental
- Frankfort Police Incident Update
- UPDATE: Rome house deemed a total loss after fire
- Fire destroys barn in Plainfield
- UPDATE: Family dog killed in Frankfort house fire
- UPDATE: Missing Frankfort teen found in Utica
- Livestock killed in Little Falls barn fire
- 56 cows killed in Leyden barn fire
- Van Hornesville barn destroyed by fire overnight
- Fire sparks at pole barn in Verona