HARTWICK, N.Y. – A family escaped to safety after their mobile home caught fire around 8:30 p.m. Thursday night in Hartwick.
According to AllOtsego.com, Jim Pagillo, his wife, their daughter and their daughter’s boyfriend were inside their mobile home at the park located on Petkewec Road when the fire broke out.
The home and a recreational vehicle on the property were completely destroyed. The fire also melted the side of the mobile home next door.
The family was able to get their dogs out of the mobile home, but their cats and a number of birds were lost in the fire.
No other injuries were reported.
The mobile home park is located next to the Cooperstown Family Campground in Hartwick.