TROY, N.Y. -- A three-alarm fire in Troy engulfed a bowling alley and threatened other businesses – even closed some schools early.
Calls came in just after 9:30 a.m. for a fire at the Alpha Lanes in Troy.
The smoke could be seen for miles.
Firefighters had to remove propane tanks and other hazardous materials from a hardware store next door. The chief said it was bad before they even started.
“As soon as we started any type of operations, even opening the door just to take a peak, it was bad it was almost a conflagration,” said Troy Fire Department’s Eric McMahon.
So far no injuries have been reported. Two firefighters were missing at one point, but were located unharmed.
- Fire engulfs bowling alley in Troy, threatened other businesses
- New bowling alley, restaurant coming to Sangertown Square Mall
- Fire engulfs home in Holland Patent, several fire departments respond
- Fire that engulfed Philadelphia refinery has been extinguished, officials say
- Super Bowl keeps local pizza places busy
- California fires threaten thousands of homes
- Defendants in slaying of 4 in Troy back to jail
- Super Bowl Sunday Snow
- Mother, daughter suffer life threatening injuries in Yorkville house fire
- Fire crews kept busy battling Trenton blaze