MIDDLEFIELD, N.Y. - The Otsego County Sheriff's Office confirms that firefighters were injured in a Middlefield structure fire.
Neighbors tell NewsChannel2 it was a garage on fire on Route 35. The Assistant Coordinator for Otsego County Emergency Services says there may have been more than one explosion.
At least five firefighters, three from the Cooperstown Volunteer Fire Department, were transported this evening to Bassett Hospital after the garage fire set off an explosion, perhaps a propane tank.
Otsego County Sheriff Richard Devlin says state fire is investigating the incident.
Several fire departments responded to the scene, from Middlefield, Cooperstown, Westford, Cherry Valley, and Milford.
NewsChannel2 will provide updates as they become available.
- Firefighters injured in Middlefield fire
- Officials investigating Middlefield house fire
- 2 firefighters transferred to burn unit after Middlefield fire
- Crash closes part of Route 166 in Middlefield
- Deputies release more information on Middlefield head-on crash
- Man reported missing in Middlefield has been found, deputies say
- Utica firefighter injured responding to Birnie bus fire
- Firefighter injured in early morning fire in Utica
- Firefighter injured, dog dies in Rome house fire
- Firefighter injured following massive Remet building fire in Utica