KIRKLAND – A utility pole went down near the intersection of New Street and Mill Street in Kirkland, just after 5:00 Thursday evening.
The utility pole went down off to the side of a nearby home.
Fire officials say it’s due to weather and they have blocked off entrances near the utility pole.
Officials at Oneida County's 911 center say they have been getting calls of trees and utility poles down throughout the day.
Residents were notified of the utility pole being down. Some evacuated and some stayed their homes.
Fire officials say no injuries related to the utility pole have been reported.
Officials with the 911 center say some areas are experiencing power outages. They say trees and power lines could be down until Thursday morning.
- Fire officials respond to utility pole down near Kirkland home
- Several fire departments respond to fire in Kirkland
- Structure Fire Reported in Kirkland
- Car slams into utility pole in Deerfield
- Crews respond to early morning rollover crash in Kirkland
- Verona man hospitalized after vehicle strikes utility pole
- Truck clips utility pole in Westmoreland, no injuries reported
- Fire crews work fast to battle Kirkland fire
- Cause of Kirkland fatal crash still unknown
- Water main break impacting traffic in Kirkland