(NBC News) California's wildfires have claimed another victim.
A veteran firefighter died Thursday while fighting the massive Thomas fire burning in Southern California's coastal mountains.
Cory Iverson is survived By his wife Ashley and a 2-year-old daughter, and was expecting another daughter as well. The circumstances of his death were not immediately available.
Iverson's death is the second blamed on the Thomas fire.
The fire began December 4th, fed by dry conditions and Santa Ana winds. It's now the fourth largest wildfire in the state's history.
Read more: http://nbcnews.to/2j67lhi
- Firefighter killed battling California wildfire
- New wildfires erupt in California
- Rome firefighters battle fire and temperatures
- California wildfire burns 150 structures; winds increasing
- California wildfires: no end in sight
- Utica firefighter takes DNA battle to Syracuse Court
- NYC firefighter dies battling blaze on Harlem movie set
- Firefighters battle a fire on Route 5 in Schuyler
- Firefighters battled wind, cold temps during Ava house fire
- Former firefighter killed in Oneonta fire