WATERTOWN, N.Y. (AP) - A 21-year-old man who suffered a medical emergency during firefighter training in upstate New York died nine days after being stricken. Fire officials say Peyton Morse died Friday afternoon at Guthrie Hospital in Sayre, Pennsylvania. He had been training to become a firefighter in Watertown. Morse had been participating in an 11-week training course at the State Academy of Fire Science Training on March 3 near Watkins Glen. WWNY-TV says he had been working with a breathing apparatus when he became unresponsive and was taken to the hospital in nearby Pennsylvania. Police and state officials are investigating the incident.
A 21-year-old man who suffered a medical emergency during firefighter training in upstate New York died nine days after being stricken.
Posted: Mar 13, 2021 11:17 AM
- Firefighter trainee dies after being stricken in upstate NY
- Runner collapses during upstate NY race, dies of heatstroke
- Sen. Schumer announces upstate NY infrastructure proposal
- Sibling rockers defend Upstate NY 'Simpsons' portrayal
- Schumer takes fight against GOP tax plan to upstate NY
- Upstate NY Forum on craft beer's economic potential
- Agency: Rikers Island, 4 upstate jails 'worst' in NY
- Upstate NY college president resigns amid plagiarism claim
- Upstate NY sheriff's sergeant convicted of child pornography
- Upstate NY Congressman to remain on ballot despite charges
Scroll for more content...