UTICA, N.Y. -- Firestone on Genesee Street, in Utica, is closing its doors Wednesday, but Tallman Tires is moving into that location and will open its doors next Tuesday.
The manager of Firestone said the building was sold.
There are no plans for the auto shop to relocate.
According to Cale Tallman, the other Tallman Tires will stay open.
Some employees from Firestone will stay on as employees at Tallman.
- Firestone on Genesee Street to become Tallman Tires next week
- Street Corner Market opens on Genesee Street
- Genesee Street Market to be held every Friday this summer
- Bridge construction will cause Genesee Street and Route 8 closures
- Genesee Street crash slows traffic near New Hartford Shopping Center
- North Genesee Street NB closed to four corners in Utica
- Genesee Street: Power is restored and lanes back open
- Genesee Brewery gets $48.5 million makeover
- UPD Looking for man who robbed Adirondack Bank on Genesee Street
- Parade Grand Marshal leads painting of the green line on Genesee Street