The storm is almost here, and we're able to pick out more details for this event. First, the storm is accelerating, meaning it starts an hour or two earlier and finishes earlier. This is really good news for tomorrow, as weather conditions should greatly improve by mid morning. The snow will end around 7-8am and temperatures are expected to climb above freezing, meaning snow is expected to melt off the roads throughout the day.
The worst of this storm looks to be when most of us are sleeping, between 2-6am. A band of heavy snow is expected to produce 1-2" per hour of snowfall. Folks that are traveling early tomorrow morning should be prepared to deal with rough road conditions.
The spirit of the snowfall forecast hasn't changed much, but we did tweak the numbers a bit to account for the lower possibility of sleet. Also, the latest trends are showcasing a stronger, thicker band of snow on the back end. As mentioned yesterday, this feature is going to make or break our forecast. Most areas are in the 8-10" range, so plan on shoveling tomorrow morning.
You can find the latest snowfall forecast here: https://ftp2.wktv.com/snowfall.jpg
- The first winter storm of the season
- First winter storm of the season
- Winter Storm Wednesday
- Winter storm expected Friday...
- Round 1 of first winter storm of the season arrives
- NYSDOT prepares for winter storm
- Make driving less stressful this winter season
- Proctor winter ball postponed as winter storm approaches
- Winter storm affecting travel along east coast