ROME – A swearing-in ceremony was held Thursday morning for five members of the Rome Fire Department.
Scott Bush, Canio Sabia, and Cody Thieme were promoted to lieutenant in a ceremony held at Rome City Hall. Alex Liddy and Robert Kohlbrenner were introduced as new firefighters.
“Being a firefighter is a unique job. We interact with the public a lot. We have to have people who are a high quality of integrity - we are going into people’s homes, we are interactive with people. We want to do our due diligence we have the right candidates, the right mental aptitude as far as what they bring to the table, said Fire Chief Ron Brement after the ceremony.
Mayor Jackie Izzo and local dignitaries were in attendance, as were members of the firefighters’ families. The promotions were made in a line of work which serves and works closely with the community.
- Five firefighters sworn in at Rome Fire Department ceremony
- 10 new recruits sworn into Rome Police Department
- Rome Fire Department swears in new officers and firefighters
- New fire chief at Rome Fire Department
- Utica Fire Department holds promotion, appointment ceremony
- Rome firefighters battle fire and temperatures
- Multiple departments respond to Rome house fire
- Ceremony at Veterans Memorial Park in Rome
- Izzo sworn in for second term as Rome mayor
- Utice Fire Department appoints 2 new firefighters