UTICA, N.Y. -- Investigations in Utica led state police to charge five women with prostitution.
Police say they partnered with the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office on the investigation which targeted websites that allow people to solicit sex.
The arrests involve four Utica women and one Syracuse woman. One woman was also charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
The women were taken to Oneida County Jail where they are waiting to be arraigned. They appear in the photo from left to right as listed below:
• Reggie N. Smith Jr., age 22 from Jay Street Utica, NY
• Nicole T. Maher, age 39 from Park Avenue Utica, NY
• Kafaya A. Sweet, age 24 from Glahn Avenue Syracuse, NY
• Rhiannon M. Briggs, age 35 from Thomas Street Utica, NY
• Dominique M Lanaux, age 32 from Oriskany Street Utica, NY
- 5 women charged following Utica prostitution sting
- 10 women charged in Utica prostitution investigation
- 12 arrested in Utica undercover prostitution investigation
- Police: Arrests made in Utica tobacco purchasing sting
- NewsTalk: Women's March in Utica
- 5 women facing charges in Utica, Rome welfare fraud investigations
- Police: Albany cop justifiably killed man in Utica, solicited a prostitute
- Utica man faces rape charges
- DA: Case against Albany cop charged with soliciting a prostitute adjourned
- Former Syracuse dean pleads guilty in prostitution case