UTICA, N.Y. -- Investigations in Utica led state police to charge five women with prostitution.
Police say they partnered with the Oneida County District Attorney’s Office on the investigation which targeted websites that allow people to solicit sex.
The arrests involve four Utica women and one Syracuse woman. One woman was also charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance.
The women were taken to Oneida County Jail where they are waiting to be arraigned. They appear in the photo from left to right as listed below:
• Reggie N. Smith Jr., age 22 from Jay Street Utica, NY
• Nicole T. Maher, age 39 from Park Avenue Utica, NY
• Kafaya A. Sweet, age 24 from Glahn Avenue Syracuse, NY
• Rhiannon M. Briggs, age 35 from Thomas Street Utica, NY
• Dominique M Lanaux, age 32 from Oriskany Street Utica, NY