Today is June 14th and that means it's Flag Day!
The U.S. Army was founded on June 14th 1775, when the Continental Congress authorized the enlistment of riflemen to serve the United Colonies for one year.
The June 14th date is when Congress adopted "The American Continental Army" after reaching a consensus position in the committee of the whole, and it translated into Flag Day.
We had some visitors earlier this week from Mrs. Luszak's Kindergarten class from Stokes Elementary in Rome and they gave us their own tribute to the flag. Take a look and listen.
- Flag Day Celebrations
- Elks Lodges around the Mohawk Valley celebrate Flag Day
- Irish flag raising signifies start of St. Patrick's Day celebration in Utica
- Utica celebrates Tomato Pie Day
- Utica Celebrates World Refugee Day
- Local Veterans Day Celebration Events
- Frigault Agency replacing old flags with new in honor of Flag Day
- Local Flag Day rallies show political divide in Oneida County
- Mug Club: Flags for Heroes
- Utica College Red Flag Campaign