NEW HARTFORD, N.Y. -- It's become a Flag Day tradition for a local insurance company – take old American flags, and give out new ones.
Flag Day is on Friday.
The Frigault Agency, along with NYCM Insurance, hosts the flag exchange program every year.
Your old flags will be properly retired, and you'll be given a new one to fly proudly.
The exchange is happening Wednesday, Thursday and Friday at the office on Clinton Road, in New Hartford.
“It just brings a fun celebration and makes you remember and think about the importance of flying the flag and giving honor to the veterans who have risked their lives. One of our signs says 'freedom isn't free.' It's because of the bravery of our men and women who fought for that freedom,” said Carol Frigault.
And you don't have to turn in a flag, to get a new one. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. while supplies last.
- Flag Day exchange program continues in New Hartford
- Flag Day Celebrations
- Love continues in New Hartford as part of Brindisi's 'Valentine's for Vets' program
- National Survivors of Suicide Day program in New Hartford brings heartfelt thoughts to Waterville family
- National program helps local seniors continue driving
- New Hartford Budget Gap Fixed
- Power restored in New Hartford
- House Fire in New Hartford
- New Hartford Boy Scout honored
- Over 100 people celebrate International Women's Day in New Hartford