October 2018 has been one of the most dramatic shifts in weather that we've seen in quite some time. The first two weeks of the month were exceedingly warm, with highs in the 80s twice! It's hard to get 80 degree temperatures in September, let alone the second week of October!
A major shift in the weather pattern followed, with much colder weather. The second half of the month was generally in the 40s. The weather was also very active, with 20 days measuring rain. A few places measured snow too, mainly in the higher elevations. Officially, a 'trace' of snow was measured for Utica.
Looking ahead, the weather patterns remain wet and relatively mild as we head into the next several days. Temperatures on Friday will likely break into the 60s. That hasn't happened since October 19th. Cooler weather will follow for the weekend, with wind and rain on Saturday and sunshine on Sunday.
- Flip Floptober
- National Flip Flop Day
- October's pattern flip
- Car flips over into ditch in Deerfield
- After long wait, Democrat Brindisi flips New York House seat
- Driver blames spider after car flips over in upstate NY
- Car flips into ditch on Campion Road ramp over weekend
- Car flips on its side, one rushed to the hospital
- Car slides off Route 12 ramp, flips onto side
- Rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine sentenced to 2 years in prison for racketeering after flipping on gang associates