VIENNA - Residents near the eastern end of Oneida Lake had to get out of their homes due to flooding early Saturday morning.
Oneida County 911 says fire and rescue crews from several departments were dispatched to addresses on and near Haskins Road in Vienna and Waterview Drive in Sylvan Beach for reports of flooding and requests for water rescues. The first calls came in shortly before 4:00 a.m.
NewsChannel 2's crew on the scene reports several streets were at least partially flooded, as well as dozens of homes, camps, and yards. These neighborhoods are along Fish Creek and near the border between Sylvan Beach and Vienna.
Several families were helped out of their homes by first reponders and taken to shelters set up at the Vienna United Methodist Church on Route 49.
Fire departments from other parts of Oneida and Madison counties were called to assist or stand by for mutual aid.
- Flooding causes home evacuations in Sylvan Beach area
- Dozens of homes flooded near Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach area on high alert for potential flooding
- UPDATE: Fire severely damages Sylvan Beach home
- Sylvan Beach Residents Still Without Homes
- Sylvan Beach Residents Clean Up Homes
- Sylvan Beach Finalizing Closing Plans
- New Atmosphere in Sylvan Beach
- Pirates Weekend at Sylvan Beach
- Sylvan Beach Mayor : The beach is open!