There are flooding concerns over the next few days because of the rain that’s expected.
Flooding over some roadways is very likely, and although road closures can’t be predicted, you should always use caution when there is water visible in the roadways.
"When people do see, you know, road closed, or if they ever do approach standing water in the roadway, you do not know what the inegrity of the roadway is,” said Jim Piccola of the state Department of Transportation. "The best thing to do is to turn around and find an alternative way to get to where you want to go."
Just two weeks ago, the region dealt with some minor flooding in areas such as Mohawk Street in Whitestown and River Street in Oriskany due to melting snow and heavy rains.
Right now, the highest chance for flooding looks to be on Monday.
For the latest weather updates from the StormTracker 2 weather team, click here.
- Flooding concerns due to rain
- Utica streets closed due to flooding
- Residents expressing concerns about weekend flooding
- Erie Canal Kids Run canceled due to weather concerns
- OH-Fest Concert cancelled due to safety concerns
- Johnson & Johnson recalls baby powder due to asbestos concerns
- Heavy Rain Monday could lead to flooding
- Heavy rain floods arterial near pedestrian bridge
- MVHS closes Whitesboro office due to flooding, road closures