UPDATE: State Route 5S has reopened in German Flatts, according to Herkimer County Emergency Services.
GERMAN FLATTS - A portion of Route 5S in the town of German Flatts is blocked after overnight flooding pushed ice chunks in the roadway.
Some of those chunks pushed vehicles according to our news crews who were on the scene early this morning.
Route 5S is currently closed off east of the Fort Herkimer Church to Griffin Road.
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened in German Flatts
- Route 5S construction update
- UPDATE: State Route 5S reopened between Herkimer, Little Falls
- German Flatts meeting much more peaceful
- 1 person hurt in German Flatts accident
- State police investigating alleged assault at German Flatts house party
- TRAVEL ADVISORY: Lane closures for Route 5S
- Peter Rovazzi wins unofficial vote for German Flatts town supervisor
- Tensions rise between German Flatts town board and new supervisor
- Rabid raccoon found in German Flatts; unvaccinated dog now quarantined