CAMDEN – A Florence man is facing felony rape charges following a months-long investigation into an alleged rape that authorities say occurred last summer, according to the Oneida County Sheriff’s Office’s Chief Deputy Joseph Lisi, director of the Oneida County Child Advocacy Center.
Eighteen-year-old Jared Angelo Rogers was arrested Thursday and charged with felony second-degree rape and felony second-degree criminal sexual act.
According to Lisi, Rogers allegedly had sexual intercourse and oral sexual contact with a minor at her home in the village of Camden in August 2017. The arrest followed a five-month-long investigation into the alleged rape.
Rogers was held for arraignment at the Oneida County Jail, and Lisi says additional charges are possible as the investigation continues.
The victim has been offered counseling through the Child Advocacy Center.
- Florence man accused of raping minor in Camden last summer
- Edmeston man accused of raping a minor
- Camden man accused of trying to have sex with child
- Camden man accused of having sexual contact with child
- Camden police, schools, educate students for summer syringe season
- State police: Utica man raped, impregnated a mentally disabled minor
- Camden man critically injured in snowmobile crash
- Rome man accused of raping female child
- Chittenango man accused of raping child
- Rome man accused of raping child