WAYNE, N.J. (AP) - Authorities say a pro football fan charged with drunken driving after a crash told police he drank too much because his favorite team isn't any good.
Wayne police say 57-year-old Christopher Greyshock, of West Milford, was charged after he rear-ended another vehicle about 5:15 p.m. Sunday. The crash came about an hour after his team, the New York Jets, lost 41-10 to the Buffalo Bills.
Authorities say Greyshock told responding officers: "I drank too much because the Jets suck."
Police say Greyshock had an open bottle of whiskey and suspected marijuana in his car. Besides the DWI count, he was also charged with assault by auto.
A telephone number for Greyshock could not be located Wednesday. It wasn't known if he's retained an attorney.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Football fan charged with DWI blames team's performance
- Steuben judge resigns after dismissing DWI charge
- Utica police officer charged with DWI
- Vernon crash leads to DWI and Weapon charges
- Cherry Valley woman charged with DWI with child in car
- Traffic stop leads to aggravated DWI charge for Rome man
- Gloversville man charged with DWI after crashing ARC van
- Ilion woman charged with DWI following 1-car crash
- Trenton man charged with aggravated DWI following 2-vehicle crash
- NASCAR chairman arrested for DWI, oxycodone possession