UTICA, N.Y. -- For the first time in 10 years, the Boilermaker post race party had a military flyover consisting of two F-16 fighter jets.
The flyover was secured by Senator Joe Griffo and the Boilermaker.
Proctor graduate, Cpt. Nicholas Hanna, was one of the two pilots flying over the brewery for the party.
Hanna grew up in the Utica area and said that bringing two huge parts of his life together in one day will be special.
The pilots asked the National Anthem singers in advance to time out their songs so the pilots can determine down to the second when to fly over.
- For first time in 10 years, fighter jets fly over Boilermaker Post Race Party
- Boilermaker post-race party beer announced
- Military flyover scheduled for Boilermaker post-race party
- Fighter Jets return to Griffiss
- What the Race! Food trucks add to this year's Boilermaker post race party
- NewsTalk: Post-Boilermaker Nutrition
- Staff at F.X. Matt Brewery prepare for Boilermaker post-race party
- Boilermaker post race party kicks off at the brewery in Utica
- Security heightened for this year's Boilermaker race
- Daniel Romanchuk wins Boilermaker 15K wheelchair race for 3rd time