Whitesboro, N.Y. - The Oneida County Sheriff's Department held their monthly Community Coffee With the Sheriff event this month at the Boulevard Diner in Whitesboro on Saturday, and it's the first time they've held it on a Saturday.
The event is designed for people to come in and just have conversations with both uniformed and non-uniformed members of the sheriff's department.
Oneida county Sheriff Rob Maciol was on hand on Saturday. He says this is a way for members of his department and community members to discuss issues and learn about each other, and also build relationships in order to better solve problems in the community.
Maciol says he decided to hold this one, around the holidays, on a Saturday, "This is a special day for us because we brought Santa Claus with us, and obviously during weekday mornings it's kind of difficult for the kids because they're all in school, so this is a great opportunity. We brought Santa Claus with us for a coffee with the community here."
The next Community Coffee with the Sheriff will be held in January. The details have not yet been set.
- For the first time OCSD holds 'Community Coffee with the Sheriff' on a Saturday
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office to host 'Community Coffee' events Friday
- Oneida Co. Sheriff's Office to host 2 'Community Coffee' events Friday
- Community invited to have coffee, informal conversation with Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Ilion community holds annual 5k race
- Dolgeville community holds vigil for missing man
- California judge rules coffee requires cancer warning
- The Harried Housewife: Coffee Cake Muffins
- Dollar General on Mohawk Street to hold grand opening Saturday
- Rome community holds candlelight vigils in response to KKK literature