DETROIT (AP) - Ford is recalling more than 268,000 cars in North America to fix doors that could open unexpectedly or may not close. The recall covers the 2014 through 2016 Ford Fusion and Lincoln MKZ, and the 2014 and 2015 Ford Fiesta.
Cars in Mexico, U.S. territories and 16 states with high temperatures are affected. Ford says a lever in the door latch can crack and fail. Typically doors won't close when it fails, but customers may be able to latch it after repeated attempts.
If that happens, the doors could open while the cars are in motion. Ford says it's not aware of any crashes or injuries caused by the problem. Dealers will replace the side door latches. Owners will be notified starting May 4.
- Ford recalls more than 268K cars to fix door latches
- Ford adds 270,000 cars to recall for unintended rollaways
- Ford issues recall on two 2020 vehicles
- Ford recalls almost 1.4 million cars; steering wheel can come loose
- Toyota recalls trucks, SUVs and cars to fix air bag problem
- Ford recalls 550K vehicles that can roll away unexpectedly
- Ford recalls 2M pickup trucks; seat belts can cause fires
- Ford recalls nearly 1.3M Focuses because engines can stall
- Ford recalling 1.2 million Explorers over suspension issue
- Ford recalls 300K Explorers over sharp seat frame