Jeannie Borgia-Wolcott, the organizer of the Forestport Light Up Parade, joins us for Newstalk to tell us about the event coming up this Sunday, December 15th, at 4:30pm.
You can become a Light Up Parade participant by registering, either as an individual or as a group .
You can do so in the parking area across from St. Patrick’s Church on River Road in Forestport.
Everyone in the parade is asked to carry some type of lighting to illuminate the evening.
You can may bring lighted and decorated wagons, strollers, wheelbarrows and carriages, as long as they are not motorized.
The parade ultimately leads to Memorial Park on Woodhull Street where people can see Santa before the ceremonial lighting of the community Christmas tree.
You can take part in Christmas carols and warm refreshments will be provided.
Children can meet Santa and receive their presents at the Forestport Presbyterian Fellowship Hall.
- Forestport Light Up Parade this Sunday, December 15th
- Another inch of snow in Forestport
- Three injured in Forestport fire, home destroyed
- Person identified in deadly Forestport crash
- Parade of Lights returns to Cedarville
- Parents voice concerns about possible closing of Forestport Elementary School
- Rome man purchases Buffalo Head Restaurant in Forestport Station
- Fundraising effort underway for family displaced in Forestport house fire
- Vote on Forestport Elementary School tabled until next week
- After unanimous vote, Forestport Elementary School is closing