SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) - A former middle school principal in upstate New York who sexually abused a 15-year-old boy has been sentenced to 10 years of probation.
Syracuse.com says 42-year-old Mark Trabucco of Clay, who was sentenced on Thursday, will be on the sex offender registry for 20 years.
Trabucco was the former principal for the Adirondack Central School District in Boonville in Oneida County. The boy was not a student there.
Police say he contacted the teen through a classified ad on Craigslist in April 2017.
Prosecutors say the two exchanged messages in which the boy claimed to be 18.
The teen reported the sex acts to a family member.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Former Adirondack school principal gets probation for sex offense
- Former Adirondack middle school principal pleads guilty to child sex abuse
- Adirondack Community Pride Day
- Mug Club: Adirondack Scenic Railroad
- Company to remove railcars from Adirondacks
- Missing Adirondacks skier found safe in California
- Community Pride Day spreads in the Adirondacks
- Adirondack state prison converted into adolescent facility
- Adirondack rail trail amendment awaits governor's approval
- New Adirondack ski touring trail guidelines proposed