UTICA – The sale of the former GE building at 1900 Bleecker Street has gone through.
Bowers Development out of Syracuse has purchased the building along with an adjacent lot for $400,000.
Plans call for demolition of the building and the construction of a new facility, ranging in size from 54,000-square-feet to 100,000-square-feet.
Earlier this year, the city of Utica received a $2 million grant from New York State for the redevelopment of the property. That money will help with asbestos removal and will assist in the construction plans.
Bowers Development hopes to attract industrial, manufacturing and distribution-type tenants.
- Former GE building, lot on Bleecker Street sold for $400K
- City wants to rehabilitate, sell former GE building on Bleecker Street
- Design plans revealed for old GE building on Bleecker Street in Utica
- Apartments unveiled at newly renovated Bleecker Street building
- 2 facing felony drug charges following Bleecker Street search
- UPDATE: Utica police ID man killed in Bleecker Street shooting
- Utica Police: Bleecker Street homicide suspect arrested in Pennsylvania
- Bleecker Street fatal shooting suspect to be arraigned
- Bleecker Street fatal shooting suspect arraigned on murder charge
- Man accused in Bleecker Street homicide appears in court