Photo Gallery 1 Images
West Winfield, N.Y. - Former Mount Markham boys coach, Charlie Engle, can add one more thing to his illustrious resume.
The former Mustangs boys soccer coach has been elected to the New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) Hall of Fame.
He is one of six inductees for the Class of 2018, along with Rochester native and former U.S. women's soccer player, Abby Wambach.
Engle retired from coaching in 2016 after a 48-year career that saw him earn 654 wins and 13 sectional championships.
The winningest boys soccer coach in the state also served as the Section III coordinator for the sport from 1997-2015.
He's currently a member of the Greater Utica Sports Hall of Fame.
Engle will be honored during the NYSPHSAA summer meeting in Lake Placid on July 25th.
- Former Mt. Markham soccer coach elected to NYSPHSAA Hall of Fame
- School officials address bullying in Mt. Markham schools
- Morris, Trammell elected to Baseball Hall of Fame
- Chipper Jones visits Baseball Hall of Fame
- Boxing Hall of Fame weekend approaches
- 2018 Boxing Hall of Fame Induction ceremony
- Baseball Hall of Fame Weekend Overview
- Toy Hall of Fame announces 2018 inductees
- Baseball Hall of Fame announces 2019 ballot
- Mariano Rivera visits Baseball Hall of Fame