Photo Gallery 1 Images
Former Oneida County Sheriff Bill Hasenauer has passed away.
Hasenauer served as sheriff from the mid-70s through 1990, when he retired from law enforcement. He returned to public service in 2000, when he began the first of five, non-successive, two-year terms as Town of Forestport supervisor.
Hasenauer served in law enforcement for a total of 35 year before his retirement.
Current Oneida County Sheriff Robert Maciol says Hasenauer was the longest serving sheriff in Oneida County at more than 18 years, and will be missed.
In honor of Hasenauer, flags at the Oneida County Correctional Facility will be lowered to half-staff, and badges will be draped for 14 days.
- Former Oneida County Sheriff Bill Hasenauer passes away
- Funeral arrangements made for former Oneida Co. Sheriff Bill Hasenauer
- Oneida County Board passes 2019 county budget
- Oneida County Sheriff : "Have a plan"
- Deputies needed for Oneida County Sheriff's Office
- Oneida County Sheriff deputizes UPD narcotics unit
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office receives state accreditation
- Oneida County Sheriff's office investigating Thanksgiving morning shooting
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office investigating National Grid phone scam
- Oneida County Sheriff's Office welcomes 9 new corrections officers