Former Oneida County Executive and NYS Senator, Ray Meier, is under arrest for DWI.
Rome Police arrested Meier in Rome, Saturday, August 10th. He's charged with common law DWI and aggravated DWI, which indicates a blood alcohol content of .18% or higher.
Meier was Oneida County Executive from 1991-1996, and began serving the first of five state senate terms in 1997. He'll likely appear in Rome City Court in the next week or so on the charges.
- Former Oneida County executive, senator, charged with DWI
- Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator fired following DWI-Drugs arrest
- Oneida County Executive Candidates Debate
- NewsTalk: Decrease in Oneida County DWI incidents
- Oneida County executive talks U District plans
- Race for Oneida County executive is growing
- Oneida County executive unveils 2020 budget proposal
- Arrest warrant issued for former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator
- Former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator back in court
- Oneida County Executive discusses local issues at White House conference