Former Republican Congressman Richard Hanna is set to endorse Democratic Congressional candidate Anthony Brindisi, according to Brindisi’s campaign.
Brindisi is challenging Rep. Claudia Tenney for the 22nd Congressional District seat, which Tenney was elected to in 2016 as Hanna was retiring. Hanna was first elected to the position in 2010 when it was the 24th Congressional District, and his district then became the 22nd in 2013. Hanna defeated Tenney in a primary and was re-elected for his third term in the 2014 election.
According to Brindisi’s campaign, Hanna will discuss why he thinks Brindisi is the best choice to represent the 22nd Congressional District at an event in Earlville Wednesday night. Brindisi will then speak about his plans for the district and answer questions from those in attendance.
The event with Hanna and Brindisi will be 7-8:30 p.m. at the Earlville Opera House Arts Center, located at 18 E. Main St. in Earlville.
- Former Rep. Richard Hanna to endorse Brindisi for Congress
- NRA Pres. endorses Tenney; NYS Professional Firefighters back Brindisi in 22nd
- Brindisi holds fundraiser at Chesterfield
- The 23rd annual Buddy Walk at Hanna Park
- Rep. Tenney and Assem. Brindisi face off in 22nd congressional district debate
- Assemblyman Brindisi challenges federal tax plan
- Brindisi holds Tax Talk Town Hall
- Brindisi Takes Town Hall to Colgate
- Tenney, Brindisi respond to Dodd-Frank rollbacks