UTICA, N.Y. -- Former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator Tom Giruzzi missed his arraignment in Utica City Court Wednesday.
Giruzzi lost that job after he was charged with DWI-drugs last month, after a police officer pulled him over and allegedly saw cocaine in his car.
Giruzzi didn't show in court because he's in treatment. His attorney didn't say for what, just that it was a very personal issue. But it is out of state.
His attorney, David Longeretta, spoke with NewsChannel 2 afterward. And says when he's able, his client will be in court, and fight all charges against him.
"Given the location of my client and the issue he's treating, we're going to try arrange that via skype or thrugh some type of video conferencing where the court can see my client, my client can see and hear the court, the D.A. as well as me. At that point in time, we fully intend on entering a not-guilty plea to all counts," said Defense Attorney, David Longeretta.
- Former STOP DWI coordinator in treatment, misses court date in Utica
- Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator fired following DWI-Drugs arrest
- Arrest warrant issued for former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator
- Former probation director named Oneida County's interim STOP DWI coordinator following Giruzzi arrest
- Prime Care Coordination opens in Utica
- Utica police officer charged with DWI
- Supreme court date set for Utica term limits case
- Traffic stop leads to aggravated DWI charge for Rome man
- Local police officers, agencies awarded by STOP-DWI Program
- NY authorities to stage STOP-DWI campaign for Super Bowl