Syracuse, N.Y. - Former Syracuse University running back, Walter Reyes, died at age 36, Sunday night, according to multiple media outlets..
Reyes died after being transported to a nearby hospital with extreme stomach pain.
The cause of death is still being determined.
Reyes was the star running back for the then-Orangemen from 2001-04 - and is second on Syracuse's all-time rushing list with 3,424 career yards.
He was also first-team all-big east in his senior season at s-u.
Reyes was currently living in Campbell, Ohio, just outside of Youngstown, where he was a personal trainer for young football players and also worked at a flower shop.
He leaves behind a wife and four children.
- Former SU running back, Walter Reyes dies at 36
- NEWSTALK: Cider Run
- Base Run Draws Hundreds
- Boilermaker Kids' Run back for its 30th year after last year's cancellation
- Beating holiday back pain
- Mug Club: Gala Di Mistero
- Finding the right running shoe
- Erin Hamlin back in NY
- Duke turns back Orange 69-65