ONEONTA- According to Allotsego.com a former Oneonta firefighter is dead after a fire early Saturday morning.
The mayor confirmed John Heller was killed in the fire that happened at 5 Walling Ave. at 4 a.m. on Saturday. Allotsego.com says there were four children in the home at the time who made it out safely.
The Red Cross is assisting two adults and four children, ages two through nine. They're providing them with clothing, food, emotional support and comfort kits.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Former firefighter killed in Oneonta fire
- Former Oneonta firefighter killed in Saturday's fire being called a hero
- Oneonta house gutted by fire
- Former Oneonta firefighter loses life saving loved ones from blaze
- Community blood drive to honor fallen Oneonta firefighter, John Heller
- Oneonta Hotel Court Decision
- SUNY Oneonta graduation ceremony
- Elections for Oneonta fire district commissioner
- Man accused in arson death of former Oneonta firefighter fires attorney
- Firefighter killed battling California wildfire