UTICA, N.Y. -- A former probation director has been named interim "STOP DWI" coordinator.
David Tomidy is taking over temporarily after former director, Tom Giruzzi, is facing charges of DWI-drugs.
Giruzzi was pulled over on Genesee Street, in Utica, Tuesday night.
He's accused of having cocaine on him, not wearing a seatbelt, and talking on his cellphone.
Giruzzi will be arraigned when toxicology reports are back from the lab.
Tomidy retired in December after 12 years as probation director and 45 years in the department. He takes over Monday.
Oneida County is looking for a permanent replacement.
- Former probation director named Oneida County's interim STOP DWI coordinator following Giruzzi arrest
- Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator fired following DWI-Drugs arrest
- Arrest warrant issued for former Oneida County STOP DWI coordinator
- Oneida County probation director retires after 45 years of service
- NewsTalk: Decrease in Oneida County DWI incidents
- Picente appoints new probation director
- Former STOP DWI coordinator in treatment, misses court date in Utica
- Oneida County STOP-DWI program thanks local law enforcement at annual breakfast
- Tim Reed appointed interim executive director of local United Way
- New SUNY Poly interim president to be named